Sunday, October 25, 2009
My brother was in town for the weekend and this morning we dragged our exhausted selves out the door to take my daughter for a walk. We meandered along talking while my toddler rode in her stroller. When we were a little more than half way home we wandered through the park and A wanted to get out and walk. I let her and she ended up walking then running then walking again the rest of the several blocks home. It was amazing. I loved watching her explore. She picked up acorns and stuffed her pockets with them. She greeted dogs out on walks with their owners. She shrieked, "run, 'mon, 'mon" (her shortened version of 'come on') and ran gleefully as Richard chased her along. She watched squirrels run up and down trees. She wandered into patches of tall grass and bent down to touch it just to see what it felt like. She counted things just because she can now. When we got home she was exhausted and asked for an early nap, but she had loved every minute of the morning. It was a reminder to me of the joy we can find in God's creation. It was a reminder of how often I let the day get away from me without letting myself really experience the wonders that I'm surrounded by. It was a challenge to me (and I hope it can be to you as well) to enjoy every day and all the tiny miracles scattered like acorns along the way.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Here is a summary (in chronological order) of the past week and a bit of what's to come the rest of this one.
- Baby & I have been sick
- Had to miss couples' group breakfast, church, Bible study, AND women's study
- Not enough down time to get better quickly (Mom's only get down time when children are sleeping)
- Missing going to SF with Kerr & Arndis today (P got called in & the rest of us are still recovering)
- Curled up in my favorite sickie outfit (complete with comfy footwear) and read a good book
- Fall weather got here!
- Got to hang out with Kelly, Kerr, & Gina (Amazing to have Kel & Kerr in town at the same time!)
- Sent Tula off to her new home with Kelly in AZ
- Found my baby girl sitting on the couch with her hands folded and head down saying, "Daddy, Daddy, Uncle..." She was praying for Peter & Richard. Cutest thing I've ever seen.
- Being silly with my hubbie
- Listening to long unheard songs on my iTunes and remembering the wonderful people God has placed in my life over the years
- Will get to go see Poppa Bill, Momma Lynne, Deb, Ted, & my precious nephews