Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wake Up Call

I have been struggling the past few days. I've been feeling down and having a bit of a pity party. For the most part nothing big has been bothering me, nothing more than a mole hill of little things that add up. Just before writing this I received an e-mail from a friend who started chemo yesterday. It gave me the kick I needed. She is facing breast cancer with determination and a great attitude. She sent out these verses,
"So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold..." 1 Peter 1:6-7 NLT
It reminded me of the main lesson God has been teaching me lately,
"But godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Tim 6:6 NIV
God's timing is always perfect. I was just telling Sarah this morning that I needed to get back to spending more time with Him. I love how He gently pursues us. Thank you, Donna, for the reminder that with Him we can face ANYthing. I am facing so little that it became too easy to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment